Sunday, May 25, 2008

"best european media class ever"



Thursday was an awesome day in class. Karl our professor was assigned the task of lecturing one of the universities classes on European media. But Karl does what Karl wants. So instead he brought about 150 euro in markers and crayons and some mural paper and we headed out into the hallway to make a giant mural. It was a sight to behold, about 40 kids from all different countries working on one mural. There were no guidelines, people were tracing each other and drawing pictures it was so much fun, the kids from the University said it was the most fun they’d ever had in a college class. The evening was just spent chillin in the apartments because we had an early train to catch to Paris the next morning. We went to this little bar with some of the kids I met the night before called Las Portales, it was again a tiny little bar but the scene outside was even better. People were just partying in the plaza drinking bottles of wine and yelling. Which reminds me, the booze here is so unbeliably cheap .You can get a bottle of wine from the Navarra region for 78 euro cents, and it tastes better than anything you could ever find in the states. 6 packs of Heineken are only 3.50, suck on that Teddidinho. Oh yea and the other day I was at the University’s gym for the first time and failed to remember that here in Europe they measure things in kilograms, not pounds. So I thought to myself, what the hell why do these weights only go up to 20, and started tossing some plates on the bench. I laid down to bench and took the bar off and literally crushed my chest, I felt like the biggest idiot this guy who worked there had to save me. So just an FYI next time you ae in Europe lifing weights, 20 pounds does NOT equal 20 kilograms, biiiiiiiiiiig difference. I went to the grocery store and bought fresh bread, mozerella, ham, and pepperonis and made some amazing sandwiches, while I was at the grocery store I noticd something, a bunch of the workers were wearing roller skates and would skate around the store helping people and restocking shelves, pretty funny. Well we are headed to PARIIIS tomorrow so it should be an interesting day. I had no interest before I came here to even step foot in France but I guess it is kinda stupid to come all the way over here and not go there.

No comments: