Tuesday, May 20, 2008

first day of class

The University of Navarra is about a 15 minute walk from our apartments. We met up at 9 and headed there for 930 class. We met with the dean and got our usernames for WiFi and got a lay of the land. We got a tour of the communications building, very cool. The actual design is a giant cube, 3 floors, very modern looking. I made the mistake of not eating breakfast before we headed over there and was basically struggling to survive during the whole tour and shebang. There was an American there that worked for the international program and he gave us some good advice about which bars and clubs to go to in the city and where to find free WiFi here in the city, it is actually very prevalent. We headed to the cafeteria where I finally got some grub and then headed to the computer lab where I proceeded to surf the internet harder than ever before. Its really sad how addicted I am to the internet, I feel like a crack head scratching my neck trying to find WiFi. Oh well, I got a lot done, I booked my hostel in Barcelona for the weekend after next, and there happens to be a giant electronica festival that weekend so it should be a great time. I also booked my hotel in Ibiza, which I am so stoked for it was only 25 euro per person a night and this place has a giant pool bars the whole kit and caboodle, so I absolutely cant wait for that.

People are talking about going to France this weekend and I think I might join them, they are trying to go to Paris but I would really like to see the south of France, in particular Nice and Marseille which is on the French Riviera. I have a couple of girl friends in London who I might talk to about going to Nice this weekend with them instead of Paris. After all was said and done I came back to my apartment and took a nice long siesta. Which before I forget, they take very seriously. From the hours of 2pm – 4pm no store is open except for restaurants, and it is a special time to relax and no business is done. So I came back and took a nice nap, actually the first real sleep ive gotten here, the city is pretty loud at night it was a rough night last night. Im trying to figure out my railpass situation for when this program is done. It is so confusing because there are so many passes, unlimited travel in one country, regional passes, 3 4 and 5 country passes and for each of those there is many different options on how to use it. I think im going to get a 3 country pass of Italy, Germany, and France. That way I can fly to Florence take the train to Germany where I want to see Munich and Berlin. I have a good family friend that is staying just outside Stuttgart right now and we talked today about meeting up for a night or two in Munich as she is only a 2 hours ride away. Everyone is out grocery shopping right now and Im pretty sure that we are going to cook some dinner and head to some bars, I need to get some beers in me so I can sleep a bit easier, I feel jetlagged still a little bit. Well im anxious to eat dinner, I will update this thing tomorrow morning if anything special happens tonight otherwise ill take it easy for the night. Adios.

No comments: