Saturday, June 28, 2008

some marid stuff i forgot


Ohhh and some side notes I forgot. While we were in Madrid we had the opportunity to visit El Mundo in Madrid. El Mundo is the second biggest newspaper in Spain and they also write about 12 other publications, from golf and art to xbox360 and economics. The coolest part of this was getting to visit Marca. Marca is the WORLDS LARGEST MOST READ newspaper in Spanish. Their website is updated 24 hours a day and gets over 3 million unique hits a day. Pretty much every major athlete worldwide has had their picture taken on top of the huge glass table in the conference room. Roger Federer, Raphael Nadal, Magic Johnson, Michel Jordan, Pele, Maradonna, you get the picture. They even run a radio station which is growing daily. The facilities there were incredible. Everything was brand new, very modernistic furniture and interior design. It was definitely a highlight of my stay in Madrid I don’t know why I forgot to mention it. We also got to go to the famous Prado which is a classical art museum that was pretty cool, but once again as you know I am not a very big fan of classical art and it sort of bored me. And to top it all off was Ritero Park. It is absolutely massive, it deserves its own zip code. There is a giant lake in the middle that you can rent canoes and paddle boats for only like 3 euro. There are also little outdoor cafes inside of Ritero so you can sit down and have some ice-cream and a glass of wine if that tickles your fancy. We did your final project on typography there. And spelled out “Spain…We Love This Place!” All with our bodies in different parts of the park, the project turned out really well and im going to find the finished product pictures as soon as I can, they are hiding somewhere on my computer or maybe my buddy Devin’s. alright well I just wanted to add that stuff because they were important parts of my trip and I don’t know how I forgot to say anything about that but now you know! Ok ok ok enough flashbacks, on with the present!

No comments: