Monday, June 23, 2008

VaLe VaLe VaLe

Well the first part of my trip is over, and I don’t think ill be returning to spain for the duration of the summer because I feel like I spent enough time and traveled to enough cities to get a good appreciation for Spanish culture. I have met so many amazing people, and Karl if you’re reading this, thank you for everything. You are hands down one of the coolest people I’ve ever met in my life. The enthusiasm you have for your job and just life itself is so great that it rubs off on other people, including myself. They say that studying abroad is more about the life experiences you gain than the actual academic education itself. This was Karl’s first study abroad trip and I can honestly say if I had the choice to do it again without Karl, I wouldn’t even bother coming to Spain. I feel like I am repeating myself but for all of you MSU students out there especially in the communications department, I highly recommend you take one of his classes, it will change your outlook on a whole lot of things and I promise you will learn more than you expect. Being in close quarters with 17 people for 5 weeks definitely builds bonds quicker than normal. I am teary eyed just typing this, I am going to miss everyone so much, well with the exception of a couple people but ill forget about that for now. I have formed friendships with people that feel stronger then some that ive had for my entire college career. I am so excited to come back to East Lansing and have a whole bunch of new friends to frolic around with. Madrid was an incredible city, you can feel the energy at all hours of the day and night. The people are fantastic, the Spanish language is absolutely beautiful, and the city skyline will have you in awe. I feel like I could go on for days about this city, it has been my second favorite place ive visited in Europe thus far, next to Ibiza of course! Oh yea and of course, I missed my flight on Friday to meet Alex in Florence, but that’s ok I am on the flight right now so I guess ill get to spend 11 days with the kid instead of 12. We will be in Florence for a few days, then off to the French Riviera to do some beach chillin in Nice. From there we head to the forbidden city of Amsterdam, and I cannot think of another person that would be a more perfect partner in crime then Alex, errr well I take that back……maybe Kane. Its going to be a nice change of pace to be in English speaking countries for the majority of this leg of my trip. Ireland, England, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Germany all for the most part speak English. I was supposed to ship my extra bag of clothes to a good family friend in Essex England, but I went to the DHL office and they told me it would cost 350euro. Give me a break, I could fly to England my self and then fly back to Florence for less than that. But on a stroke of luck I found out one of the girls from my program is headed to London, and it turns out she is visiting a friend who is staying in the exact same dorms as me at the University of London. Oh and I almost forgot, we went to the Pacha Madrid on Thursday night which was pretty cool, not as nice as the one in Ibiza but very upscale club and they played house music all night which was fucking great, as I am now officially a huge fan of house music.oh an Well I am about 30 minutes from landing in Florence as I write this. I don’t know what the internet situation will be like for these next 8 days so bare with me on updates. I am so amped to start eating some Italian food, because as much as I enjoyed the Spanish cuisine, if I see one more god damn bocadillo im going to blow up a train station. Well this time its for real goodbye spain, im gunna miss VALE VALE VALE VALE VALE. Which for those of you who don’t know apparently means “right ok yes” and the locals in Madrid will literally spit about 75 vale vale vales at you in 5 seconds. Vale vale vale, im out now ill update this boy of alex and I’s travels as soon as I possibly can. HASTA LUEGO ESPAÑA!

No comments: